Thursday, May 24, 2012

what it means the subject of the song "New York, New York"

Composers Kander and Ebb had stated about Liza Minnelli that they attribute the song's success to actor Rober de Niro, who rejected their original theme for the film because he thought it was too weak. The song did not become a popular hit until it was picked up in concert by Frank Sinatra during his performances at Radio City Music Hall in October 1978. Subsequently, Sinatra recorded it in 1979 for his 1980 Trilogy set, and it became one of his signature songs.
In 1979, it was recorded by Frank Sinatra, for his album Triology; Past Present Present, (1980), and has since become closely associated with him. He occasionally performed it live with Minnelli as a duet. Sinatra recorded it a second time in duet with Tony Bennett for his 1993 album duets.
The song has been embraced as a celebration of New York City, and is often heard at New York-area social events, such as weddings and bar mitzvahs. Many sports teams in the New York area have played this song in their arenas/stadiums, but the New York Yankees are the most prominent example. It has been played over the loudspeakers at both the original and current Yankees Stadiums at the end of every Yankee home game. Sinatra's version is played after a Yankees win, and the Minnelli version after a loss. Matter of fact it has been though tha this rule was later changed due to complaints from fans and the Sinatra version is now heard after a win or a loss.lol.
I'm from panama and father was military, my family and I always had the opportunity to come to new york from very small when it could to vacionar. I remember little going for a walk with my family and Fifth Avenue and Central Park. also remember riding the subways. was fun. I've always been impressed by the high building, I mean the racacielos of the city of new york. a more, I live here in this city over 20 years and I am very Americanized. I started a new life here, interact with many ethnic groups like Americans born and raised here.
the theme of the song says a lot to talk of this great city, fascinates me and many tourists from all over the world enjoy it as well. personally I LOVE NEW YORK >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment